In June of 2013 we had the first ever Adventist Africa IT Summit where there were representatives from the 3 Divisions of Africa comprising an entire continent of Adventist Employed IT Professionals. It was truly an awesome occasion for learning, networking, and sharing where the theme was “Collaborate for Mission”. IT Directors from the 3 Divisions coordinated the planning of the event but ECD IT Director Haggai Abuto was the main man in charge and we greatly thank him. We met at the Division office in Nairobi, Kenya for 4 days covering these topics:
- Unified Threat Management (Smoothtel & Data Solutions)
- Information Technology Governance (W. Omollo, EAU)
- Adventist IT Structure: From Employee to Department (K. Nugent, SID)
- Unified Adventist.org Project (J. Beckett, GC)
- Adventist Church Management System (T. Santos, UCB)
- Cloud Computing & Backup (J. Rosales, GC)
- Human Resource & Payroll System (G. Sangronis, GC)
- Lifelong Partnership: SunPlus & IT (L. Mwamakamba, ECD)
- Microsoft Licensing, Windows 8, & Windows Phone 8 (Gary & Susan, Microsoft Kenya)
Dieudonne Assogba is the IT Director from West Central Africa Division and it’s situated in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. It is the administrative headquarters for the Adventist Church in West Central Africa. Haggai Abuto is the IT Director from East Central Africa Division and it’s situated in Nairobi, Kenya. It is the administrative headquarters for the Adventist Church in East Central Africa. Thembinkosi Moyo and I are the IT Directors from the Southern Africa – Indian Ocean Division and it’s situated in Pretoria, South Africa. It is the administrative headquarters for the Adventist Church in Southern Africa.
Here is a Video Recap of the Event, what was covered, and some reactions from attendees.
Continue to pray for the Information Technology/Media work on the continent of Africa for our Adventist Institutions and Entities that we may Glorify God through the unique skills and talents he has given us.